This course addresses all the topics students need to understand to succeed in the Math portions of the College Placement Test.
• Elementary Math knowledge (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication)
• Basic Knowledge of Algebra
Who Should take this course?
• Students who are interested in taking the College Placement Math test and want to develop competency in the subject matter tested in the College Placement Math test.
- Scientific Notation
- Exponents and Radicals
- Square Root
- Fractions, Decimals and Percent
- Means, Median and Mode
- Making Inferences from a Sample
- Solve real world problems with ratio and proportion
- Solve one variable linear equations
- Solve two variable linear equations
- Identify and solve quadratic equations given values or graphs
- Solve quadratic equations using different methods
- Translate real world problems into quadratic equations
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Logarithms and Logarithmic Equations
- Simple Geometry
- Lines and Slopes
At the end of this course, all students will be familiar with:
• Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, and Statistical Analysis for the College Placement Exam